So much to do, so little time. I feel like I am racing against the clock, Mother Nature’s growing season clock that is. I see fresh amazing local produce every where I look and it is just calling to me, three meals a day just won’t cut it! I need more time, more meals to fit in all this deliciousness while it is here! Ok breathe, there is still plenty of time, plenty of cooking, baking, eating time left in this glorious summer! Breathe.
Let’s focus on today, focus on now, focus on lunch!
Find a moment today to enjoy this delicious open faced egg salad sammie topped with heirloom carrot slaw and punchy radishes for colour and crunch. Delicious.
- 2 Farm fresh eggs, hard-boiled and cooled
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 Tbsp plain Greek Yogurt
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 3 Ontario Heirloom carrots, shredded
- 1 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Ontario radishes
- Mash egg, avocado, and yogurt together, set aside
- Combine carrots and onion
- Mix dressing and pour over carrots
- Add cilantro and mix to combine
- Divide egg salad among 4 pieces of bread (these are open-faced sammies)
- Tope with carrot slaw and garnish with thinly sliced radishes